Thursday, March 02, 2006

The Ports Deal and Thursday Ramblings

Running in to work at an ungodly hour. Got my blogging fix with James Lileks. His take on the ports deal said it all.

Last night I was in Jacob's room reading while he ran around out of his cage. I had a new bowl of treats for him right next to me. He scurried over to it, his eyes wide with delight like he's just won the lottery and he proceeded to rummage around in it, looking for his favorites, the sunflower seeds. He ate one and then packed the rest in his cheeks. He then grabbed one of his food pellets, which is about 1/3 the size of his head and stuffed that in his cheeks. He then grabbed a two-peanut shell (with peanuts inside) and stuffed that in his cheeks. I thought he was going to choke. He looked like a hammerhead shark with the thing protruding all around the inside of his head as he tried to position it.

I was laughing so hard I had tears coming down my face. I wish I had my camera. It was priceless. Imagine stuffing a 3' long 4x4 into your mouth and you get the idea. Next time I promise to bring the camera and share it with you all.

No comments: