Thursday, March 09, 2006

A Little More on Argentina

Check out this post and blog.

In my post below, my quick research revealed Argentina as an up and coming place. Reading this fellow's blog reinforces that. I also just read the entire World FactBook piece on Argentina and found more reasons to like the place. I wonder what the Wall Street Journal has to say...

Here's what I found:
Now, with Argentina in the midst of its fourth year of a super-strong economic recovery and having paid back in full a $9.5 billion debt to the IMF, the mood between both sides appears to have greatly improved.

The FactBook says they have about 35% or so of their population below the poverty line and WSJ makes some warning noises in other articles. Nevertheless, there's a world out there other than Europe, Asia and the Middle East that bears watching.

No comments: