Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Not Fighting Insomnia

So last night I had one of my worst attacks of insomnia of all time. I don't think I slept more than 2-3 hours. For the first time ever, I decided to roll with it. It was pretty clear that sleep wasn't coming, so I started thinking about all previous struggles. Fighting it didn't seem to make much of a difference. In the end, the next day drags, but life on the whole goes on, almost totally unaffected by one sleepless night. It's just not a big deal.

I spent some time last night watching my Best of Ernie Kovacs videos. Here's a little bit now.

3 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

John McCain gave his economic policy speech this morning. He did a very good job summing up the current banking problem. The old straight talking McCain is back. It reminds me of why I liked him so much.

K T Cat said...

Yay! We'll have you voting for The Maverick yet!

ligneus said...

I thought Kelly the dog was going to say McCain sent him to sleep. On the rare occasions I can't sleep you'll find me with tea and toast and marmalade surfing the net. I when I go back to bed and still can't sleep, I try to remember things from my childhood in as much detail as possible. Sometimes I think it strange how little we[?] think about all the life we've lived till now, it's all just stashed away in boxes and we're never curious enough to want to go through them. Not, you understand, with regret or for a dose of nostalgia, but just for the enjoyment of remembering happenings, people and places, it's one of many gifts we have.