Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In the end, we did a lot of Good

A friend emailed me a link to a short article in the Minneapolis Star-Tribune where a returning National Guardsman talks about his service in Iraq.
It was very rewarding for me. We spent a lot of money to good effect. We built schools. We built roads. We built water treatment plants. We helped some people with vehicles to get their crops to where they needed to go.

I feel really good about what we are able to accomplish in our little area.
Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

Dean said...

"The answer to whether Iraqis can govern themselves is pay grades above me,..."

He's wrong, though I think his humility (its a Minnesota thing) prohibits him from saying, he, or a person at his "pay grade" (i.e. on the deck plates) is precisely the person that could best answer that question.