Friday, January 12, 2007

Near You

Our Maximum Leader used to be an aggressive young lady. She would hide behind doors and leap out at your ankles, clawing and biting and then running off. She still likes to play rough from time to time and runs around the house at top speed sometimes, but these days she's more interested in just being around us. She doesn't want to sit on your lap, be petted constantly or be fed treats. She just wants to be in the same room.


It reminds me of the Andrews Sisters song, Near You. Here are some of the lyrics.

If my waking hours could be spent while near you
I would be content, wonderfully content, just to be near you
Make my life worthwhile
By telling me that I'll
Spend the rest of my days
All of those happy, happy days
So near you
For more felicitous felines, visit this week's Friday Ark and Carnival of the Cats.

No comments: