When I came home last night, it was dark and cold at the house. I wanted to post a World of Good (WOG), but I just didn't have the energy for it. This morning, it's dark and cold and I don't have a lot of energy, either. Consequently, I'm writing a low energy Thursday Thirteen.
Thirteen things I do when I don't have much energy and I'm alone.
1. I grab a wee nip of the true and play Age of Empires. It's my default behavior. When I can't think of anything else to do, I play Age. I've worked out the mathematics of the game and the goal is to win in less than 50 minutes game time which is about 25 minutes of real time at the game speed I play.
2. I reheat some leftovers and watch TV. Last night I re-watched the Chargers-Patriots game. Urgh!
3. The Chargers just announced that they decided to keep Marty Schottenheimer for another year.
4. My new Chargers rallying cry: "Just wait 'til the year after next!"
5. If it's morning and I'm low on energy I wait for the caffeine to kick in from my java.
6. I only make two cups.
7. I'm trying to cut down. On days when I'm bad, I have four cups total throughout the day. On good days, I stick with just those two cups. Most days are in between.
8. In the morning, I go through my blogging routine. That will be the subject of a future Thursday Thirteen. I can tell that it's a low energy morning when I can't find anything to write about.
9. All of this is making me want to research energy levels in people. All of that hooey about biorhythms, horoscopes and so forth must come from an intrinsic need for us to explain the blues. If you always felt good, you wouldn't need an explanation. You'd be too busy running out to have fun.
10. If I've blogged myself into a corner, it effects my energy. Lately I've been writing a lot about rockhounding and corporate management. It's pretty dry stuff and I know it. I haven't done anything funny or colorful in a while. I want to do it, but my muse has been silent and I haven't had the inspiration.
11. Last night I fell asleep before 8PM. I treated it like a nap and figured I'd wake up in the middle of the night and be able to do a short photo session with Jacob. Since he's nocturnal, getting photos or movies of him is very difficult. I ran out of original photos of the little guy long ago.
12. The few times I woke up, our Maximum Leader was pressed up against me and it was too cold outside the covers and too warm inside them to get up. I clicked on the end of the Chargers game and watched that and a bit of the Saints-Eagles game.
13. I maintain that each of us has a finite supply of psychic energy. I don't mean psychic as in ESP, I mean it as a generic term for the energy we have to get things done. Work has occupied a great deal of thought and effort lately and I find that I'm less creative on my blog. I know what I want to write about, but I don't have the energy to do it. I've resolved to get some blog posts written over the weekend so I can just auto-post them during the week when I'm too tired to write something.
Whew. That's done and I'm exhausted! Time to sip some more java and see what all of you had to say this week.