Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Designing for Grampa Kitteh

I'm at a meeting today where a variety of Web 2.0 vendors are pitching their products. As they talk about their capabilities, I'm thinking about how a certain coworker of mine would use them. Here's the lolcat most representative of him and many others where I work.

cat
more animals

While the products shown by HiveLive and Mixx are totally cool, they are way too sophisticated for Grampa Kitteh. If it doesn't work for the techanogoly-challenged, then what you've done is shaved off a large portion of your workforce from the total set of those who will use the product. That doesn't seem to work at all.

If Grampa Kitteh can't use it, then I don't think it works for us.

4 comments:

DammitWomann said...

What a pix..........that expression is priceless.

LOL Srsly......

Anonymous said...

Why does the KM group follow me everywhere....

K T Cat said...

dammitwoman, that lolcat makes me laugh every time I see it.

Yes, anon, the KM group will never ever leave you alone! Muuuhahahaha!

Gee Why said...

Yup, mixx is like digg of which pligg is an open source variant. cool to have on the inside though don't quite know how much it'll be used.