Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Fred's Speech

I didn't see the speech live. I helped the kids with their homework and then sat down at the kitchen table and looked through bills I couldn't pay and wondered where I'd find the hope to make it through another day.

Whoops! I guess I watched too much of the Democrats' convention. Truth be told, we all had ice cream and fresh blueberries and then I bought a book on a whim off of Amazon.

Excelsior!

In any case, I went back later and watched the speech on the RNC website. I thought it was OK. I'm not much for political speeches. At least it didn't make me want to jump through the screen and strangle him the way Biden's and Obama's did. I think it lost something watching it in bits and pieces on the Interweb Tubes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fred's speech was pretty good. For me, the best part was the McCain biography. I didn't know a lot of the stuff he talked about. Made me want to vote twice. I guess I should leave my e-mail address on Obama's website to be able do that. Right?

And I liked Lieberman's speech, too. Although it paled in comparison to Zell Miller's speech last time around. That was a stemwinder. Drove me to a stiff shot of Maker's Mark.

Bush was dead flat. It didn't much matter against "Earthtones" Gore or John Kerry who drone on interminably. But it matters more now.

Dean said...

I really liked Fred's speech. Made wonder where "that guy" was during the primaries