Saturday, September 13, 2008

Random Thoughts

Just odds and ends from my life.

  • When my son was little, around 1 years old, the only way we could get him to take naps was to drive him around in the car. Now our Maximum Leader naps there. Only this time, there's no driving.
  • San Diego imports all of the water it uses. When I water my little potted plants, I hold them over the bigger ones so that any water that comes out the bottom goes into the bigger plants. It's not much, but it makes me feel better.
  • Cooler weather has finally come to San Diego and I love it. If I'm going to have the heat and humidity of the Deep South, then I want to yummy fried foods to go with it.
  • I made a dish of mussels and clams last night for my fiancee, taken from a Mediterranean cookbook. It was outstanding.
  • We also had eggplant spread on garlic toast and some baked onions and mushrooms. It was a feast!
  • She has an outstanding selection of wine. I don't bother to bring any over to her house, because she is so much more knowledgeable than I am.
  • I bring the beer.
  • I went to Beverages and More and stocked up on Abita Turbo Dog beer to celebrate each New Orleans Saints victory. After last week's game with Tampa Bay, it looks like I'll need to make another trip. Yay!
  • This might have made for a good Thursday Thirteen. Maybe I'll get back into that again.

1 comment:

Dean said...

I'll just assume my invite got lost in the mail. ;)

You know us Monks over here love our brewskis. I'm going to take you up on that beer selection.