Friday, December 21, 2007

Tagged with a Christmas Meme

We've been tagged with a Christmas meme by our Knight-Protector and Defender of Yarn Balls. Let's get right to it.

The rules: Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog. Share Christmas facts about yourself. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. Wrapping or gift bags? Both. If I have the time, I prefer to wrap. It's more fun for the person to open a present than a bag.

2. Real or artificial tree? Real. Always real.

3. When do you put up the tree? When I realize we're late getting the tree up.

4. When do you take the tree down? When the interesting football games are over the needles are getting everywhere.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but not so much any more. The rum is what makes the thing worthwhile and I don't do much rum these days.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Hot Wheels set I got when I was about 7. It was great! It started a collection that went on for about a decade and gave my friends and I thousands of hours of pleasure.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have one, but I didn't put it up this year. We did our first Advent wreath ever.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Honestly, I can't think of one.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Neither. Like the tree, by the time I realize I need to do it, it's too late.

10. Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually with Hugh Grant.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Just a few days before it's too late.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Crawfish etouffe, jambalaya, seafood gumbo...

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White this year. Whatever we get around to putting on the darn thing.

14. Favorite Christmas song? Dean Martin's I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm.

Now it's time to tag someone. Let's see...how about our Pater of Prowling and our Missionary to the Frozen, Northern Wastelands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1 gift bags for the tiny gift card, presents wrapped

2 Artificail has my man card pulled by one of my kids, but saves me $$$$$ every year, and no mess so kiss my ##$&^%$$ ya little elf

3 I put up the tree after Thanksgiving and before Christmas eve, if thats too early or too late, have a glass of eggnog and shut the heck up!

4 Take the tree down before it becomes a fire hazard

5 Mix the eggdog with 1/4 orange juice. Kinda orange julias feel but more Christmassy

6 bicycle, shwinn with a banana seat, definatel best gift for a 6yr old

7 I have Santa praying over the manger for my nativity. Some say blasphemy, but it shows the secular world paying respect to the birth of our Lord

8 Any gift, without thought becomes empty.

9 Email, mail, or phone call, are all good for wishing cheer!!

10. My wife tells me "Love actually is not actually a Christmas movie, however, it would also get my vote. Next would be the original Home Alone

11 I vow to start shopping in January but end up playing catch up until 24 December

12 Cmon, favorite thing to do? Force my family to endure my presence

13 white lights are always classy

14 Belafonte, "Rise up Sheppard and follow"