We've been tagged with a Christmas meme by our Knight-Protector and Defender of Yarn Balls. Let's get right to it.
The rules: Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog. Share Christmas facts about yourself. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. Wrapping or gift bags? Both. If I have the time, I prefer to wrap. It's more fun for the person to open a present than a bag.
2. Real or artificial tree? Real. Always real.
3. When do you put up the tree? When I realize we're late getting the tree up.
4. When do you take the tree down? When the interesting football games are over the needles are getting everywhere.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but not so much any more. The rum is what makes the thing worthwhile and I don't do much rum these days.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Hot Wheels set I got when I was about 7. It was great! It started a collection that went on for about a decade and gave my friends and I thousands of hours of pleasure.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have one, but I didn't put it up this year. We did our first Advent wreath ever.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Honestly, I can't think of one.
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Neither. Like the tree, by the time I realize I need to do it, it's too late.
10. Favorite Christmas movie? Love Actually with Hugh Grant.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Just a few days before it's too late.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Crawfish etouffe, jambalaya, seafood gumbo...
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White this year. Whatever we get around to putting on the darn thing.
14. Favorite Christmas song? Dean Martin's I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm.
Now it's time to tag someone. Let's see...how about our Pater of Prowling and our Missionary to the Frozen, Northern Wastelands.