Wednesday, November 26, 2008

On Romance Novels and Eye Color

Doesn't every romance novel have some hero who has eyes "the color of the sea after a storm" or something like that? Well, we had a storm last night and I went down to Stonerville Ocean Beach and took a picture of the sea after the storm. It looked like this.


Now if I was going to write a romance novel, the hero would have eyes "the color of salt water infused with single-celled algae, decaying organic material and silt."

What do you think? Pretty racy, no?

I'm sure you enviro-weenies out there would like me to include some comment about polluted runoff from local city streets, but this is a romance novel, not a Greenpeace campaign brochure. I'm trying to be sensual here.

4 comments:

jlbussey said...

"single-celled algae, decaying organic material..."

Oh, be still my beating heart!

(word verification: cration)

Rose said...

:)
Happy Thanksgiving, KT, Jacob, and family.

(etsway)

Anonymous said...

My high-school principal, of all people, had eyes the color of the sea in your picture. They were very startlingly blue, and more than a little creepy. They made him look like an emotionless, unstoppable machine who would CRUSH YOU IF YOU DO NOT OBEY, which I suppose is a useful trait for a principal.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're a natural for Harlequin Press.