Sunday, October 05, 2008

Commando Coffee

So last night, my daughter had her birthday party and had three friends spend the night. The only room big enough to handle the four of them is the living room, which is not closed off in any meaningful way from the kitchen. Not wanting her or her friends to be grumpy today, I'm letting them sleep in as late as they can.

My coffee maker is in the kitchen.

If I go down and make coffee, I'll wake them up. I just returned from a commando mission where I determined that extracting the coffee maker from behind enemy lines would most likely wake them up as well. I'm coffeeless. It's going to be a long morning.

A bridge too far.

Update: They're awake! Strike Force Narwhal springs into action and begins Operation: Caffeine Withdrawl Headache Prevention

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear KT Cat:

You, sir, are a madman. A morning without coffee? Better coffee than whiskey---usually.

http://www.thereturnofscipio.com/?p=65

Kelly the little black dog said...

Let sleeping daughters lie?

P.S. Thanks for the links.