Thursday, June 18, 2009

Playing with Adobe CS4 Contribute

I've got Adobe CS4 Uber Collection* and included in it is Adobe Contribute, their blog interface tool.  It allows you to create blog posts on your local machine and then publish them to blogspot.  So far, meh.  I've already encountered a script error.  It could be something with one of the widgets on my sidebars, but I'm not sure.

When you edit in contribute, you edit directly on the blog page.  Instead of an edit window, right now I see this.

Hmmm.  I was going to insert a screencap here, but I can't do it.  I can insert and image, but it has to be on the Interweb Tubes already.  I can't just insert one from my local hard drive.  Most annoying.

This is going to need some work.  I'm going to publish now and then come back to see what else I can do.

Update: I think I can do this now by a simple drag and drop of the image.  Here we go.

Well, that seemed to work.  You can see what a zany, cluttered workspace I'm having to use.  I think it's useless as all I want is the ability to edit an entry with better tools than you have in the standard blogger edit screen.

When I tried to publish with the image, I got an error.  No uploading images for you!  This is worthless.

Update 2: I'm back in the blogger editor. here's the image I was trying to share with you.

Meh.

* - at least I think it's called the Uber collection.  I could be wrong.

No comments: