Monday, June 15, 2009

We're Doomed

Dig this.
The cloudy, chilly and rainy open to June here has been the talk of the town. So far this June is running more than 12 degrees cooler than last year, and the clouds, rain and chilly lake winds have been persistent. The average temperature at O'Hare International Airport through Friday has been only 59.5 degrees: nearly 7 degrees below normal and the coldest since records there began 50 years ago.
If the temperature continues to drop at this rate, by December it will be -13 degrees and a year after that, -133 degrees.

If you'll excuse me, I need to go outside and run in circles, screaming.

2 comments:

Justin said...

I wish it was like that here. We hit 95 yesterday.

Dean said...

KT, anecdotaly speaking, I cannont remember a gloomier, colder June than what we are experiencing here in San Diego. There have only been a handful of days where the marine layer has burned off by the afternoon even at my inland abode.