Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hawaiian Red Crested Cardinal

I saw this handsome fellow while bopping around the windward side of Oahu. You can read more about him at this site. It turns out he's an import from South America. Next time, I'll be sure to try my (limited) Spanish on him.

Click on the photos for a higher resolution image.

Spanish: Hola, amigo. ¿Como estas?


Hawaiian: Howzit, bra? Sit down, we talk story.


Another paparazzi from the Mainland. Will they ever leave me alone?


This ain't free bub. I get 20 seeds per shot as a model.

As an aside, it took me about 5 minutes to find that wonderful website on Hawaiian birds. Prior to the Internet, it would have taken a minimum of two hours to go to and from the San Diego Central Library and find the book with his photo and information, assuming it was there. That's a great example of productivity improvement in the Information Age. I love it.

Request for favor. How do you get the computer to type an upside-down question mark? I wanted to do it on the Spanish caption, but I've never learned how.

Request answered. Thunder Pig comes to the rescue! For more information, see his comment below.

For more birds and other critters, please visit this week's Friday Ark.

2 comments:

Bobby Coggins said...

The upside question thingie in html is to place the term iquest between & and ; if it will work on the comment like this ¿
I have never taken a class in html, most of what I have learned comes from a Joe Burns' book called "HTML Goodies" I ppicked up at a used bookstore. However, his website is here.
Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

GET HELP