Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday 13, No Title Edition

No preamble. No time to chat. Get right to the point. You’re a busy reader and you don’t have time to wait for your Thursday 13s!

1. I’m still trying to find a good comedy show to watch. I’ve tried a few, but didn’t like any of them, so I get stuck going back and watching my favorite, ancient reruns.

2. Like Get Smart.


3. I miss Frasier.

4. I enjoyed Simpsons until about five years ago. It seemed to fall apart. It felt like they just got more and more edgy to get laughs. I try it once in a while now, but I haven’t seen one all the way through in years.

5. Frankly, I don’t watch much TV at all.

6. Unless it’s sports. Geaux Saints! (New Orleans Saints, that is.)

7. I was really happy when Reggie Bush signed with the Saints this week. I was worried he’d hold out for a long time. With all of the good things they’ve done in the last six months, I’ve been waiting for them to screw it up. After all, it is the Saints.

8. If you didn’t see one of my previous posts, two of our orchids are blooming. (Aiiiee! Unannounced topic shift! I've got blogger whiplash!)

9. Here’s my favorite of the two. Click on it for a bigger, better picture.


10. If you grow orchids, use Aussie Gold planting mix. It’s fantastic!

11. I hosted Carnival of the Cats this last week and this time I managed to do it without enraging anyone.

12. How do you enrage people by catblogging? This is how.

13. One of my favorite bloggers, Lawman, has a very funny post. My favorite line from it is "Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants." Go visit it. No, not right now! In a minute! You need to leave a link and a comment first! Sheesh! You guys take me so literally!


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



Technorati tags:

6 comments:

MaR said...

He, he, lovely list. Loved the short video, this is one of my very fave shows!!! your orchid is wonderful, very pretty. Happy TT, now I can go off and visit your links :)

Southern Girl said...

I don't watch many comedies anymore either, but I do *love* "The Office." If you haven't tried that one, you might check it out sometime. :)

Thanks for visiting my TT! Oh, and I'm working on that Honduras post...soon, I hope.

Carey said...

Your flower is beautiful. I dnt have much luck with flowers, but i do have a huge tomato plant(looked more like a bush until i tied it up). The best part about it, it grows back every year.

Unknown said...

I feel exactly the same way about today's comedic television fare; have you tried My Name is Earl? Even though it's billed as a drama, I find myself laughing most of the way through House, M.D. as well. Hope your orchids continue to flourish!

WomanHonorThyself said...

lol@Get Smart..sheesh dats old..lol..:)

Geekwif said...

I agree on the Simpsons. Hubby and I used to watch it every week, but haven't for a very long time.

The orchid is beautiful! I haven't figured out a way to have houseplants yet since my cats eat them. :(