Tuesday, August 01, 2006

San Diego Says Thanks

From my back balcony I can see Mt. Soledad. I can't see the cross, but I know it's there. It's been there for a long time and until an obsessed local atheist went bananas in court, it didn't bother anyone. After a long court battle, the memorial has been saved. The U. S. Senate has voted to make the land Federal property.

Thanks, all.


Stop the ACLU has the full story.

They also have a request for help. Please stop by and see what they have to say.

2 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

Since I used to live there I've been trying to follow the story - so explain how making it Federal land saves the cross?

K T Cat said...

Beats me. Maybe it just postpones the whole thing and makes the complainer go through a different series of lawsuits.