1. Vegetable seeds. This would be the entrepreneurial decision. I can buy seeds for next to nothing and then raise vegetables in my garden that would cost hundreds of dollars to buy in the grocery store. The subsequent post would be, “13 things I will buy with my $500”.
2. Movie tickets. I haven’t been to a move in over a year. I could take the kids to see Amazing Grace. I wish I hadn’t missed Casino Royale. Maybe it’s still playing in some backwater theater somewhere.
3. Socks. Mine are become sacred, errrr “holey”.
4. 4% of a big screen TV. I think that would work out to about 8 square inches of screen. The other 96% of the TV would have to wait another 27,500 hours of blogging.
5. I could have a wild shopping spree at a local used bookstore. Whoohoo!
6. Ingredients for cioppino. Yum! I love cioppino, but it’s sooo expensive to make!
7. A couple of nice steaks from the local meat market to recreate Rib Eye Steaks with Garlic-Mushroom Sauce.
8. A long-handled squeegee for my house’s windows. What’s the point of having a great view if you can’t see it?
9. Coleus for my atrium. Lots and lots of coleus!
10. Hanging baskets for my newly planted spider plant children so they can cascade down the atrium in a cataract of spidery green goodness.
11. A small rock tumbler to polish the stones we pick up in the desert.
12. A subscription to American Girl for my daughter. We let this lapse and she liked it. If you haven’t seen it, it’s a girls’ magazine that focuses on being a girl instead of being a young woman, if you know what I mean.
13. A rock hammer for future rockhounding expeditions.
I had intended to make this a funny post, but it ended up being a pretty serious one. In reflecting as I wrote, I realized how much I've learned to separate money from happiness in the past year and a half. Near the end of the list, I started running out of things I wanted to buy. All of the things I love in life right now, most of which are chronicled on this blog, are free or practically free.
I think I'll stop before this gets too deep. Happy TT, everyone!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants