2. I woke up this morning at 4AM when the fire alarm in my house went off. It turns out that the thing is sensitive to moisture in the air. It’s a foggy morning and I had the windows open. In essence, my fire alarm panicked because it saw water.
3. I think my fire alarm needs professional help.
4. Are there support groups for fire alarms?
5. While composing my World of Good post yesterday, I came across a quote from a Catholic bishop who had spent years working with the poor on Skid Row in Los Angeles. “One may not be able to respond to the many problems in peoples’ lives, but one can be with them in their sufferings and joys”.
6. That gave me a whole new look on charity for homeless drunks and addicts. Bishop Steinbock saw a calling in simply being there with these people during their pain so that they did not suffer alone. I thought it was pretty profound.
7. Crash positions! Major topic shift coming!
8. Starbucks is entirely too difficult to patronize. It takes forever. In the time it takes to stand in line to order and then wait for the coffee, you could have made one at home and watched a good portion of Sports Center.
9. The cost is preposterous. It’s boiled water poured over ground seeds.
10. I wonder if I can plant my yard entirely from plants I grow from seed.
11. I’ve decided to use gaura lindheimeri in front of my retaining wall in my front yard.
12. The Western Garden Book says it has a tendency to over propagate by seed. I wonder if you can buy gaura seeds?
13. Yes you can!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants