Saturday, August 05, 2006

Gadzooks, I've Been Tagged!

WOG Squad member and Holy Scholar of the Feline Theocracy, Georgette from Chronicles of a Meandering Traveller has tagged me. What can I do, but obey?

It's a book meme. Here we go.

One book that changed your life: Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. "You cannot achieve happiness by pursuing it, only by doing good."

One book you've read more than once: The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis. When I was in junior high, my friends wanted to give me the Chronicles of Narnia, but could only find this and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I love them both, but The Silver Chair has the quote that I think of almost daily.

Here on the Mountain, the air is clear and your mind is clear; as you drop down into Narnia, the air will thicken. Take great care that it does not confuse your mind.
At the start of every resolution or plan, the your path seems so clear. Resolve and clarity can break down in the face of the chaos of life.

One Book You'd Want on a Desert Island: The Boy Scout Handbook. Duhh.

One book that made you laugh: Bored of the Rings.

One book that made you cry: Dombey and Son by Charles Dickens.

One book that you wish had been written: How to Get By on No Sleep.

One book that you wish had never been written: The Last Knight of Albion. Dreadful. Simply dreadful.

One book you've been meaning to read: The City of God by St. Augustine.

A book that you've bought, but haven't read: A General Theory of Love by Thomas Lewis, Fari Amini and Richard Lannon.

Hmm. I've had poor luck with these games of tag. If you've got a blog and want some links, let me know and I'll tag you. In the meantime, I'll have to pick my victims carefully.

2 comments:

K T Cat said...

Thanks for the comment! If you haven't read his book, Frankl was a Jewish psychologist from Vienna who survived the death camps. His book uses his experiences in the camps to come up with a general theory for the meaning of life. Words fail me when I try to describe it.

Anonymous said...

"Here on the Mountain, the air is clear and your mind is clear; as you drop down into Narnia, the air will thicken. Take great care that it does not confuse your mind."

This is a great quote from the book, and I love how you apply it to your everyday life! I will have to look for it again. Chronicles of Narnia is one of my favorites (which I have read more than once, lol, but the meme question only asked for "one book" LOL)

You have answered well, faithful servant of the Feline Theocracy! Meow go in peace.