Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No YouTube for Video Tech Support?

Yesterday morning I was on the phone with Adobe tech support trying once again to fix a severe video rendering problem with my Premiere Pro 2.0. Terrible pixellation issues had kept me from getting some things done for a work project I was playing with as well as the silly YouTube video I threw together for yesterday's post. As I talked to the tech support guy, I tried to point him to the YouTube video I had uploaded which showed the pixellation. He couldn't get there. Adobe had blocked YouTube to its techs.

How can you diagnose video development problems if you can't see the video?

As you can see from the video below, tech support was able to resolve the problem, but the level of corporate paranoia still amazes me. I'd think there would be better ways of monitoring misuse of the Internet that simply closing down whole sites.

No comments: