Thursday, June 28, 2007

Viral Marketing Jackpot

To satisfy my blogging ego, I keep a close tab on my SiteMeter traffic statistics. Yesterday's World of Good (WOG) post on volunteers for the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum turned out to be HUGE viral marketing hit. I sent the link to my normal WOG Squad and got a link from Mark Shea. Mark's busy site sent me lots of traffic. I also sent the link out to one email address given at the bottom of the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum web page. That has generated a TON of hits. I can tell because the referrals are either "unknown" or a web email client. There must have been 40-50 hits so far from those locations. That's a 40-1 ratio of investment to payoff. I love it!

I just wish someone would leave comments. I can't tell if they're emailing each other saying what a horrid job I did or if they really like it. :-)

1 comment:

Rose said...

I like it. Yours is one of the most pleasant blogs I visit. I like the world of good posts, and love the Maximum Leader's aerobic instruction. Don't always comment because I don't always have something remotely enlightening to say, but I pass along alot of posts, LOL. Getting used to the Carnival of the Cats, lots of fun. Anyway, thank you for the blog.