Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Two Cool Blogs Worth a Visit

From my SiteMeter hit statistics, I found these two blogs.

Frugal for Life gives great tips on how to cut down your expenses. That blogger linked to How Watching "NO TV" Saves You Money over at The One Year Exit Plan. Here's a tidbit of that post.

When Dori and I got married we gave away our three TV sets. Since then we've experienced a very noticeable change in our spending. We stopped eating fast food and we stopped buying gadgets (my biggie). We crave less crap. We go out only when we feel like it. We have more friends. Things get done around the house! It is quite amazing.

TV keeps us in a constant stimulus state and feeds our feeling of inadequacy. TV fools us into entertainment but robs us of our worth. On TV there's no time to take anything seriously, even entertainment.
Read the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never watched TV much, instead I'm addicted to the Internet with many of the same results.