Sunday, September 02, 2007

A Caffeine Counterattack on Insomnia

So last night, I continued my bout with insomnia. My stupid body just refuses to cooperate and I woke up at 1:45 AM this morning.

This means war.

I started this morning with 2 cups of coffee. Later, I took a brisk, 4 mile walk around Mission Bay while it was very hot and humid. Later today I'll play some basketball and lift weights accompanied by a Diet Coke or two. I've had quite enough of this insolence on the part of my body and this time I mean to put an end to it.

By the time the caffeine has stripped my body of whatever energy the sun and exercise leaves, I'm going to crash so hard that it's going to feel like I was hitting a wall in a Chinese sedan at 40 MPH.


Me at 8 PM tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coffee puts the system under the strain of metabolizing a deadly acid-forming drug, depositing its insoluble cellulose, which cements the wall of the liver, causing this vital organ to swell to twice its proper size. In addition, coffee is heavily sprayed. (Ninety-two pesticides are applied to its leaves.) Diuretic properties of caffeine cause potassium and other minerals to be flushed from the body.

Get the real scoop on coffee at www.CaffeineAwareness.org
And if you drink decaf you wont want to miss this special FREE report on the Dangers of Decaf available at www.soyfee.com