I haven't checked the blogosphere yet, but I'm pretty sure that lots of Thursday Thirteeners are doing Christmas lists this week. Not wanting to be left out, here's mine, in no particular order.
1. Low voltage lights for my yard. The wire's been laid and the transformer and timer is installed. Now I"m saving my pennies and dimes to get some lights.
2. A rock tumbler. If you're not into rockhounding, the way you make those shiny stones is to put them in a tumbler with some grit and let them roll around for a week or so. You're taking a shortcut of 100 million years of erosion to get pretty rocks. Mmmmmmm. Pretty rocks.
3. A telescope. And not just to watch the chicks at the OMBAC over-the-line tournament, either. I got to see the moon and Saturn through a telescope once and it was way cool.
4. All the parts I need to rebuild my little MGB. I've got a white 1973 B in storage and I don't see the point in bringing it home until I can work on it. I can't work on it with no money. Argh.
5. Techlighting lights for my empty lighting tracks. The tracks are installed, but now they hang there empty.
6. A digital video camera. I want to do movies with something better than my little Olympus digital camera.
7. Software to control my digital camera. I want to put it on a tripod, point it out at Mission Bay and do stop motion movies of the Bay changing as the day goes by.
8. A really nice lighting system for my seeds. I started some and they sprouted, but the lack of sunlight stunted their growth.
9. Coleus. I love coleus.
10. While we're simply wishing, let's go for the gusto. A huge flat screen, hi-def TV/monitor.
11. An XBox 360.
12. A family vacation to Cairns, Australia to go check out the Great Barrier Reef.
13. A chance to say thank you and Merry Christmas to all my readers and fellow Thirteeners.
Hey! I got something off my list already! I'll bet all the others are almost here, too.
Merry Christmas, everyone!