Friday, June 03, 2011

Can We Please Stop Behaving Like Swine Now?

Re: the recent Twitter controversy over Democrat representative Weiner texting horrid photos of his private parts photos to some chick.
Cindy Meston directs the Sexual Psychophysiology Laboratory at the University of Texas at Austin. She is a past president of the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health. If there is something you want to know about what turns women on, she is the person you call.

“We spent six years of research on why women have sex,” Meston says. They compiled 237 reasons. Duty sex. Revenge sex. Pity sex. Bored sex, engaged in because women simply had nothing better to do. “Of the 237 reasons why women have sex,” Meston says, “not one was looking at a man’s genitals.”
Sadly, the reason that Weiner and Brett Favre and others send these images is that women expect nothing better.

See also: men, lack of marriageable

Addendum: Whatever we do, let's not go back to the bad old days when behavior was judged according to fixed standards. The Victorians had it all wrong. All wrong. I mean, they did, didn't they?

3 comments:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

I sent a pic of the garage to my Lovely's cell phone. (After I had cleaned it up and thrown stuff out.)

I was 'rewarded' quite handsomely when my comely Bride returned home that evening.

Sending a photo WITHOUT the junk is the ticket, men.

You are welcome.

tim eisele said...

KT, I must protest your endless slanders. Pigs are intelligent, affectionate animals, clean when they are not forced to live in filth, and generally good-natured. And, while they do eat a great deal, they are very efficient and waste very little (unlike some other animals I could mention - yes, I'm looking at *you*, cows). And, any excess they store against future shortages in the only place available to them (their body fat). And so, they should, if anything, be regarded as symbols of thrift.

(Incidentally, pigs don't sweat significantly either, so saying that someone is "sweating like a pig" should actually mean they aren't sweating at all).

K T Cat said...

Oh my. I'm in the soup now, aren't I? The term "swine" has been a favorite of mine since that AP History class in high school where they had us watch Start The Revolution Without Me, a film liberally punctuated with Gene Wilder calling this person and that a swine! And now I must give it up? I can't do it, I tell you! You ask too much!