Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Leafhopper

I saw this fellow perched on one of our fences the other day and as he seemed relaxed, I went inside and grabbed the Nikon D60 Artillery Piece to get some macro shots. I was disappointed. The camera focused on everything except the bug for all shots save this one. I might have been better off using my phone where sheer megapixel count makes up for a lack of a decent lens.

Oh well. The only real regret I have is that we don't often see leafhoppers, probably because we don't get much water. I think they're cute little bugs and I'd love to take more shots of them. At least I was able to get this one. Enjoy!

2 comments:

tim eisele said...

Oooo, cool! A hopping leaf!

I hear you about the autofocus problems. I could never get the autofocus to work right for macrophotography, and gave up on it in disgust. For insects, I always use manual focus, aperture priority, with as small of an aperture as possible with the available light.

K T Cat said...

Thanks for the tips, Tim. I have to admit, I didn't think of it. I was too busy perched on a step ladder trying to get a bunch of shots.