Tuesday, November 13, 2007

On the Proper Maintenance of Clocks

As my regular readers know, I struggle with insomnia from time to time.

A few nights ago, I went to bed very early and managed to escape feline predations until I woke up on my own the next morning. The first thing I do every morning is roll over and peek at the clock. If it's beyond a certain time, I feel like I've managed to get enough sleep. That morning it was right on the threshold, but I felt good because I had fallen asleep earlier.

I got up, made my coffee and then sat down at my computer to blog.

Then I noticed that the actual time was an hour earlier than I thought. I hadn't reset my bedroom clock. I sat there, staring at my screen and my coffee cup with a stupid look on my face, wondering what to do. Dang! Once you make your coffee, the game is pretty much over.

Of course, if I had properly maintained my clocks, none of that would have been necessary.

1 comment:

Wollf Howlsatmoon said...

Quite simple for Wollf's quirkey brain.

I'm from Arizona originally and and I have a "KISS" solution. (keep it simple, stupid), for you non military types..heh

I just don't change my clocks. No muss, no fuss.

'Zona time all the time. Half the year I'm on time to everything. The other half, I'm so early that I can enjoy the trip.

Kinda like my "Tape over the flashing 12:00, 12:00, 12:00), on the electronics.

True genius. Anytime, Folkes. Just make sure you give credit where credit is due.....;)
Wollf