Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Telecommuting may Solve our Energy Problems

...but the bed still won't get made.

I worked from home yesterday because my daughter was out sick. She was probably well enough to go to school, but she had a bad sore throat in the morning. She never complains so I decided to let her stay home rather than risk her suffering during Thanksgiving. I had constant feline supervision as I worked.

Our Maximum Leader kept me under close watch to make sure I wasn't messing around.

Of course, if your boss is laying on the bed, you don't dare tell them to get their fat, lazy butts off so you can make it.

For more felines managing the world, visit this week's Friday Ark and Carnival of the Cats.

4 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

You know this would certainly be the quickest and simplest way to conserve gasoline. It would be interesting to calculate the impact of say half of all white collar working spending just one day a week from home.

K T Cat said...

Amen, Kelly. I got tons done yesterday and I probably worked longer hours. I wonder if the calculations you suggest have already been done. I might go Google that in a bit.

lambj said...

Whenever I try to work from home, I find a million other things that need doing. And it's worse if my son is there, unless he really is sick and sleeps. Maybe my cats don't manage me as well as KT manages you.

Aloysius said...

They don't teach this technique in business school--but they should!