Friday, April 20, 2007

I Think I'm Going to Have an Aneurysm

I have introduced blogging to my workplace. We use a very capable Movable Type system. It is growing in popularity all the time. I recently took a business trip to the East Coast and while I was there I blogged a meeting report. In that report I recommended that some of our folks come back out for a follow-up meeting that was very important. I asked people to leave comments if they wanted to go or thought it was interesting.

One very enterprising individual cut out the text of my post and pasted it into an email to his colleagues. They all replied to this with very intelligent thoughts. By email. I had no idea this was going on, since I was not on the email chain.

I was finally included in their most recent email chain which contains about 8 responses, none of which are in the comments of the post.

I think I need a stiff drink and then I need to lie down for a while.

It's like going hunting with someone and noticing that they're using a club to beat the deer to death. You hand them a rifle and explain it to them. They nod their heads and then run off and beat a deer to death with the rifle.

I'm at a total loss for more words.

My coworkers after being given upgrades to their computers.

1 comment:

david said...

AAARRRGGGHHH! So frustrating, isn't it? My coworkers think that everything has to be e-mailed, including 2MB attachments and unwieldy PDFs and such. Grrrr.