Thursday, April 19, 2007

Not Batman, Mothman

Where I live, I can see the searchlights of Sea World play on the clouds at night. As we were driving to school the other day, my son and I were talking about this and I remarked that I don't understand how Batman could ever have seen the BatSignal. I mean, it's one thing to shine a light on the clouds and see a blob at a distance, it's another thing altogether to shine a bat-shaped light on the clouds and have anyone be able to figure out what it is.

If you can't tell it's a bat, then what you're really being attracted to is the bright light. He's not Batman, he's Mothman.

Dadadadadada-dah-dah! Mothman!

Can't you just here the dialog?

Commissioner Gordon: Look, he's here!

flutterflutterBAPBAPBAPflutterBAPflutterBAP!

Commissioner Gordon: For the love of God, Chief, turn off the light! He's beating himself against it again!

Forget about the BatSignal, he can't see it anyway. Just turn on the porch light!

Moth photo used without permission from Rick Sastro.

No comments: