Sunday, October 22, 2006

Blossom Swap Gets It Right

One of the hardest things to find as a blogger are images that you can use in your posts. If I'm writing about Starbucks, for example, I don't always have the time to drive to a Starbucks and take a few photos. It's nice to find a place that already has photos for you to use. Most photo sites make it clear that you cannot use theirs under any circumstances.

BlossomSwap gets it right. They have published a whole set of wonderful plant photos and have expressly allowed viewers to use them on their non-commercial sites. This is a godsend to me, since I wanted to post photos of the plants I have participating in my Seed Race.

BlossomSwap is much more than just a place where you can scrounge photos. To quote from their site, it's "the nook where backyard gardeners gather to trade secrets & treasures of the earth." If you're a gardener or want to learn more, I highly recommend it. I'm joining today.

Among the plants participating in Seed Racing are painted daisies. Here is an outstanding photo of what they will look like doing their victory dance when they win the race.

In your face, English Lavender!

Thanks, BlossomSwap.

Update: I seem to have run afoul of the discussion board moderator on BlossomSwap. I wrote an entry where I posted a link to my Seed Racing post and it got deleted. The only thing I can think is that they consider this to be a "commercial" site. I can assure you, it most certainly is not. I have yet to see a dime from AdSense.

Update 2: I was hasty. The moderator moved my post to a different subject heading. There have been several supportive and funny replies. Way cool! I'll be doing a Carnival of Marketing post on BlossomSwap in the near future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The post was flagged because you posted a link in your first post. Lots of spammers do that. ;) Never fear, your site has been reviewed. lol As for google, good luck. Gardening does not pay, but it sure is fun.

K T Cat said...

Boo, thanks for everything. You guys rock!