Friday, October 27, 2006

Airport Blogging from Reagan

I'm sitting here at the gate waiting to board my flight, blogging thanks to a connection from Cingular's wireless service. I love that part.

I am also being bathed in CNN. It permeates every nook and cranny of the terminal. Even if I can't see the monitor, I can't get away from the sound because it is piped through all the speakers in the place. No matter where you sit you're within range of one. The sound from CNN is so loud I can barely make out the conversation of the people sitting next to me. I wonder how they can hear each other.

So far I've been graced with stories about the Webb/Allen race, a worshipful piece about Hillary's birthday, Michael J. Fox firing back at Rush and now we're looking at the Southern California wildfires.

I'm in a very bad mood now. The trip has gone well and I even had a chance to stop by and visit Jamestown. I'll photoblog about that later, but right now I can barely think, thanks to CNN.

I hate it. We've got to get this audio/visual pollution out of our airports.

2 comments:

Kelly the little black dog said...

Time to get noise reduction head phones

Short Stories said...

I know what you mean. CNN is at least bearable, but the worst part is when that annoying commercial comes on. Uggh!