Thursday, October 05, 2006

Bare Minimum Requirement for a Hotel Room

I'm on the road in Chicago today. I stayed last night at a Red Roof Inn because all the hotels downtown are full. No in-room coffee maker.

This is totally unsatisfactory. That's a bare necessity for me. If I'm waking up at 4AM to my body, there had better be some joe lying around that I can drink. There weren't even any old coffee grounds to chew on. Nothing.

Now I've got to go wait in line for ten hours at Starbucks.

I did manage to walk across the street to a Marriot and they've let me use their business center, from which I am now blogging. I love Marriots.

Next time I'll try photoblogging from a Marriot. The computer I'm at right now has two USB ports, so I could have hooked up my camera and accessed photos that way. I've been experimenting with travelling sans laptop and I've really enjoyed the freedom. I just miss the blogging.

1 comment:

Kukka-Maria said...

If you want me to address the Red Roof in on their coffee-restrictive culture, I can do that. If you want me to help you acquire coffee, I can't do that.

I can offer you some fresh-water whitefish! That wouldn't be morally wrong, because my congregants are only ocean-dwellers. Right?

Cordially,
Mother Superior of the Holy Order of Ocean Whitefish