Saturday, October 14, 2006

Garden Blogging from Google's Document Editor

Thanks to a link from the Feline Theocracy's Chancellor of the Exchequer , I have discovered Google Docs and Spreadsheets. It looks way cool. I know many of you have already seen this, but I thought I'd give it a try.

The real topic of this post is books vs. computers. I've decided to concentrate my free time on landscaping my yard. Right now I have nothing but barren dirt. I've got enough of the irrigation lines in to allow for planting. I spent some time on line this morning looking for plant finders that would help me select flowers suitable for my yard. Not much luck. Then I spent some time perusing gardening websites. While they were full of information, they just didn't feel right. I decided I wanted to read a book instead of surf the web.

Instead of Googling various search terms, I'm going to sit down with the Western Garden Book and then motor over to the local nursery and see what perennials I can start from seed. (Did I mention I have no budget?) After I work through that book, I'll wander up to the library and see what else I can find.

Despite the advances of technology, there is still a place for the old ways of sharing information.

And now, as a final test, let's see if we can insert an image. If we can do this, I might be able to get around the dreaded Blogger problem with uploading images and just use this to create my blog posts. Let's see here, what would be appropriate? How about a reprise of our Maximum Leader with an orchid?


Update: When published, the font sizes weren't the same and the blog post title was missing, so I had to go into Blogger and edit some of the HTML. In any case, the image upload worked like a champ. I like it a lot. My next test will be the use of tables.

No comments: