Saturday, September 30, 2006

Did You Miss Me?

I just got back from a three day business trip to Virginia. This time I did not take my laptop and other than a quick stop at the hotel lobby PC to read and comment on various blogs in the Feline Theocracy, I was off the grid. I thought it would have more of an affect than it did. I pictured stunning new vistas of real life opening before my eyes like the curtain of a smash hit on Broadway, but no such thing happened. Instead, I spent the time beating myself into the ground.

I flew in from San Diego on Wednesday and got to the hotel by 10:30PM or so. On Thursday I woke at 4AM (1AM to my San Diego body) to drive from Alexandria to Norfolk for an 8AM meeting. I worked in the Norfolk-Portsmouth area for the whole day and then jumped back in the car to drive back to Alexandria for meetings the next day in and around DC. I was so trashed on the trip back north that I had to pull over and park in some hotel parking lot to sleep for half an hour. After a fine meal at Buz and Ned's BBQ in Richmond (with a perfectly dreadful beer that I will describe in a later post) I drove the remaining two hours through a huge thunderstorm, trying to stay awake.

Brutal.

I got some photos that I'll share in a later post and submit to the Carnival of Virginia.

No comments: