1. In case you didn't know it, the US Navy was on the scene providing aid and comfort following the terrible tsunami in Asia. Here are some photos from that post. I get tears in my eyes from this one, taken aboard the USNS Mercy.
2. The USS Abraham Lincoln coming home.
3. What did you do in Indonesia, daddy? I helped people, honey. Lots and lots of people.
4. The Aussies were there, too. Here's a photo from their homecoming.
5. A group of students from a Catholic high school in Nebraska drove down to lend a hand after Katrina.
6. There's a Boy Scout troop that has an annual event to help baby sea turtles make it from their nests to the sea. The result is more beautiful creatures like this.
7. Lots of people donate their time for MS walks. Here's a participant with MS.
8. I went to a local Special Olympics event and donated some time. They repaid me in experiences.
10. There's a local group that brings dogs to nursing homes and sunshine into some lives.
12. Some folks donate their time to act as mentors to at risk children.
13. Finally, Spirit of America is a non-profit organization that organizes donations for the people of Iraq and Afghanistan. Here, some Afghani boys get new backpacks and school supplies.
I hope you enjoyed these photos. Be sure to take a look at those WOG posts and stop by on Wednesdays for the new ones. If you've got a blog and would like to link to them, let me know and I'll alert you when new ones are up!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants