Monday, July 10, 2006

Learning Dreamweaver

I spent part of this weekend learning to use Macromedia's Dreamweaver to create web pages. It's capabilities are far beyond my level of sophistication, but I'm thinking about using it to compose blog posts.

Unfortunately, Blogger does strange things to the layout. Tables that are butted right up against one another in the Dreamweaver layout show up miles apart on Blogger. Also, in order to edit this, I need to switch back and forth between Blogger and Dreamweaver. When I make a change, I need to delete everything in Blogger and then cut and paste from Dreamweaver.

Hmmm.

1 comment:

Justin said...

The reason you get the spacing is because of the line breaks that Dreamweaver uses. In standard HTML, a line break in the coding means nothing as <br> and <p> tags indicate line breaks. For simplicity, Blogger (and all other blogging platforms I've ever played with) will automatically add that coding to the entries. In Blogger, the feature can be disabled blog-wide, but not on individual posts.

Basically what you need to do is go through and remove all the line breaks in the coding. You can probably do some googling and find a javascript somewhere that'll do it for you.