Friday, July 21, 2006

Hot Diggity! The WSJ is Linking in the Blogosphere!

It may have been there for some time, but I just saw that the Wall Street Journal, at the bottom of every article online, uses Technorati to link to all the blogs who link to their articles. I used to read the Washington Post and blog from time to time about their articles, but now that I see the WSJ is throwing some linky love our way, I'll drop the WaPo like a rock and reference the best newspaper in the country.

The WSJ is getting in tune with blogging in other ways, too. For example, they offer a blog link aggregator a la Pajamas Media and TTLB giving their favorite blogs from the Israeli-Hezbollah conflict. My favorite of their favorites was this entry from Israelity:

Suburb North of Tel Aviv: On Israelity, Maven offers an interesting take on news that Hezbollah's longer range rockets can reach deeper into the country. "All of a sudden it wasn't about those poor folks up north. It was about us. And we got the strangest instructions from the IDF: residents of Tel Aviv northward were told only to 'stay alert.' Stay alert? What did that mean? I followed orders and immediately made myself a strong cappuccino. OK, so I was alert. Now what? The order sounded suspiciously like the government was merely trying to say, 'if this happens, you can't say we didn't warn you, but really, we don't have a clue.'"

No comments: