Friday, September 29, 2023

Hunt And Peck Typing

 ... performed by an expert.

This hen wanders around the compound where we're staying in Tuscany. There's a dog that tries to herd her, just out of instinct, but she does what she wants. There are also ten cats and four donkeys wandering about. We've met four of the cats. The donkeys are kept in a very large fenced-in enclosure with plenty of grazing. 

To be honest, I've always been afraid of horses and donkeys. I don't mind riding them, but I don't trust them not to bite me when we're face to face. The four that are here all ran to the fence and made motions that said they wanted petting or perhaps treats. I couldn't tell which, so I just left them alone.

Donkeys and horses aside, I could totally get used to the life of the gentleman farmer.

2 comments:

tim eisele said...

A fine chicken. My daughter's chickens follow her around the yard, partly hoping for treats and partly to grab insects she kicks up. They are good outdoor pets, but between the random poop and the feather dust they aren't so good outside.

Ilíon said...

I also don't trust being face to face with horses/ponies. I've been stepped on and attempted to be knocked off. Let other people deal with those brutes!