Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Plantar Fasciitis

I had to share this with you. I've been fighting some very painful plantar fasciitis over the past two weeks. It has made it painful to walk and I've had to cut my workouts short when I've gone at all.

My Achilles tendons have always been very tight. I had to quit Kung Fu because of them, short of my black sash. I stretched and did yoga, but in the end, I simply could not do the necessary, exotic kicks to make the final grade. Plantar fasciitis exploits that tightness to cause tremendous pain in your heel.

Today, this arrived from Amazon.

Great googly moogly, that thing works wonders. Just for grins, I wore it for a half an hour when I got home and already my pain is almost gone. You're supposed to wear it overnight, but many people complain about how bulky it is. Who cares? I figure I'll wear it as long as I can and then put it back on when I get up in the morning and I ought to be able to work out as normal tomorrow.

I can't recommend it highly enough if you're suffering with the big PF.

1 comment:

IlĂ­on said...

About 35 years ago, I accidentally caused myself to have plantar fasciitis (and heel spurs) by digging my rock-hard clay soil while wearing tennis shoes, rather than work boots. For several years, I had to use custom-made orthotics in my shoes just to be able to walk/stand. Eventually, my body did heal itself.