Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!

It's been a great end to my year, particularly spiritually. I'll blog about that more in the future, but suffice it to say that I'm starting to have the personal relationship with Jesus that my Cursillo homies yap about all the time.

This is a free thought blogging session. I'm just going to type and post. We'll see what comes of it.

Christmas this year will have a different flavor for me than any in the past. It will be the celebration of a Friend's birthday. I blogged recently about finally using metrics to measure my progress towards my goals and because of this, I'm praying in front of my Blessed Mother candle every morning with my coffee.

This is a photo from yesterday morning. The lights are out, the room is dark, the coffee is Stocking Mill and the initial prayer is a decade of the Rosary. After that, it's time to chat with the Holy Crew. I love it.

I wrestle with sin all the time, but in the last couple of months, I've had Help. I feel different and I think I act differently, too. One of the things that I've always felt, but has really hit home recently is how Jesus' life, death and resurrection gives me a daily chance to start fresh and keep fighting. Without that, I could easily just quit and say that whatever evil I do is just who I am.

Born that way, as Lady Gaga would say. She's wrong.

Anywho, these conversations in the morning, the changes that have been wrought in my life and relationships are part of a change in my relationship with Christ. He's a friend now. That Friend that lets you sleep on the couch when you've had too much at His party. The One that takes you to the airport without hesitation. The One who helps you move and listens to you when you're hurting in a relationship. That One.

Today is His birthday and I'm happy in a way I haven't been happy before.

That's not entirely true. I'm happy the way I was when I was a little boy and I couldn't wait to see what Santa and later, mommy and daddy, had got me as presents.

Merry Christmas, friends. Love and prayers for all of you.

Some of the beads on that Rosary will be for you in the coming year.

4 comments:

Ohioan@Heart said...

KT - Merry Christmas to you, your family, and the other readers of this blog.

ligneus said...

It pleases me
To see that you
Have come to see
That it's so true
We have a friend
For life in Jesus
Who until the end
From all trouble frees us.

Lig MD, [Master of Doggerel]

K T Cat said...

Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

A Few Months Ago . I Was like a Beggar asking everyone for money and shelter,but a really nice man introduced me to the best on-line work . This work needs no special skills . Now I am able to earn $406/day and $12k/month easy and non-stoppable money . It helps lots financially .Everybody must try this by just using the info on this page.


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬➤ Www.Social96.com