Friday, December 10, 2021

Catican Bayou Louisiana Hot Sauce, Version 1

Last night, I made my first batch of Louisiana Hot Sauce with my fermented cayenne peppers. I tasted it this morning and it was outstanding. There was a bit too much vinegar in the taste, so I've adjusted my recipe. The one I will be using for my gift bottles is shown below.

I simmered the ingredients for about 20 minutes and then put them, still hot, in the blender and spun them around until I couldn't see any solids remaining save the seeds. I tried some on a cracker this morning and whoa, baby, that was the real deal.

It's the good stuff, man.

3 comments:

tim eisele said...

Congratulations! Hopefully your friends and relatives will also appreciate it.

Making stuff like this to save money usually doesn't end up saving any money, but making it because it is the only way to get what you want is certainly viable.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, Seriously I don’t know why So many people hesitate to try this, This is purely a great opportunity to earn money in such a pandemic . I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And I get a check of $12600. What's awesome is I'm working from home so I get more time with my kids. You can also have your first check at the end of the week.

..........> Www.Social96.Com

Mostly Nothing said...

I have a vision of you sitting at our kitchen table eating, and my cat Meli, sitting next to you with her chin on the table. Not begging, just suggesting...