Last night, I made my first batch of Louisiana Hot Sauce with my fermented cayenne peppers. I tasted it this morning and it was outstanding. There was a bit too much vinegar in the taste, so I've adjusted my recipe. The one I will be using for my gift bottles is shown below.
- 2 cups fermented cayenne peppers
- See: https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/cooking-with-chili-peppers/how-to-make-fermented-pepper-mash/
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 small onion coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- ½ tsp fresh thyme
I simmered the ingredients for about 20 minutes and then put them, still hot, in the blender and spun them around until I couldn't see any solids remaining save the seeds. I tried some on a cracker this morning and whoa, baby, that was the real deal.
|It's the good stuff, man.|