Wednesday, December 22, 2021

What A Difference A Few Hours Can Make

We're having a houseful of guests tomorrow. Wife kitteh asked for a brisket and wanted me to smoke it today so we can spend tomorrow preparing for the mob. I used this recipe from Hey Grill, Hey. Susie's blog is my go-to for smoker stuff.

I also used this rub from Deep South Dish in a 50-50 mix with the one in the Hey Grill recipe. Mary's blog is my go-to for simply everything and I only go somewhere else if she doesn't have a recipe for it.

Finally, I'm also using an injection for the first time ever. I found one on the web and made some modifications to it. I sipped a bit and it was wonderful.

  • 1 cup homemade beef stock
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder

I used this injector from Amazon. It worked really well.

Anywho, here are the before and after photos. Wish you were here.

Before



After

3 comments:

tom said...

The travel case for the injector makes the listing perfect. It invokes old movies where the villain takes out his case of hypodermic needles to drug the hero. I can see you going to a restaurant on a trip, asking for a cut of meat, and injecting it and giving instructions to have it cooked for dinner tomorrow...

tim eisele said...

So I looked at that injector, and it looks just like one of the the syringes our vet used to use on our cows when they needed a shot. And by "just like", I don't mean "generally similar". I mean it looks like it is from the same manufacturer, and is nearly the same model (his actually looked like this one, with rings for the two fingers)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HLGJR50/

And I see that at the bottom of your listing, they have one that is identical to his "repeater syringe" that he used to mass-vaccinate our cows (stick the first one in the hip, squeeze the trigger, pull it out and wipe off the needle and on to the next one. He could give about 20 cows a shot in less than a minute)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NDP56QW/

I can see where veterinarian-grade large-animal syringes would be just the thing for marinade injection. Either way, you're injecting fluid into meat, it doesn't matter if it is live meat or dead meat.

Anonymous said...

Big Tech Companies announced Job opportunities for everyone! Work from the comfort of your home, on your computer And you can work with your own working hours. You can work this job part-time or As a full-time job. You can earn Up To from 99000$ A Month! There are no limitations, Be Your Own Boss, it All depends on you And how much you want to earn each day. This is a genuine and guaranteed method for free to earn a huge sum of money at home. Join this right now.


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬► Www.Social96.com