Thursday, September 09, 2021

Is Dessert Too Much To Ask?

Lily, the smaller of the two Catican Guards, has picked up the habit of bark-talking at us when she wants something. It's not like normal barking, it's more conversational. "Woo-woo-woo-woof," she'll say when she wants a treat or some attention.

Lately, she's decided she needs dessert after dinner. A jerky treat would be fine, thank you very much. Last night, she mixed her spoken request with a sad look.

Don't you love me any more?

Mind you, dinner was a real feast. I recently made some beef stock and saved the meat and carrots. I mix them in with their kibble, add a little stock and voila! fine dining for dogs.

They devour it with gusto.

Still, that wasn't enough. She needed her dessert.

I gave it to her, of course.

5 comments:

tim eisele said...

Well, of course you did. Who could resist that face?

It's our own fault, really. We've spent thousands of years giving extra food to the cutest puppies, so that they could be strong and healthy and have many more puppies of their own. Until, finally, it is arguable that we have bred certain kinds of dogs (and cats) to be cuter than our own babies!

K T Cat said...

Literally LOL! Evolution for cuteness!

Mostly Nothing said...

Our cat is extremely spoiled. Possibly the most spoiled cat on earth.

However, our son, yesterday, got 2 kittens. They are brothers and are rescues. Mother died or lost the whole litter.

They weigh about 800 grams each currently, and are about the cutest things that ever was. I expect they rule the house by now.

K T Cat said...

Two things, MN.

First, your cat is not spoiled, it is properly worshipped.

Second, I highly recommend you do some woodworking or repair one of your cars immediately, followed by drinking multiple beers. Your use of metric measurements has me questioning your manliness.

;-)

Mostly Nothing said...

That she is.

I believe I am done working on the MG for the season. Unfortunately, since I never drive anywhere anymore, I've only put a few hundred miles on it this year. But I got about 5-6 weeks to drive it.

And I blame the kid, he's an engineer, talks in metric. Reports are the 2 kittens are also being properly worshipped.