Monday, September 13, 2021

Giving The Gardener A Raise

Wife kitteh and I are at the stage in our lives where we've got decent investments and real estate. We spent many decades building these and now we reap the fruits of our labors and self-denial.

Looking at our investment statements, we're making money hand over fist. The money that's being printed is almost all ending up in the stock market and real estate, driving prices up and up and up. Those what got are getting more.

Inflation for consumer goods is real. I've tracked a few items at Costco over the last couple of months and I don't believe inflation is only 8%. My bet is that if you didn't doctor the numbers, it would be about double that. 

We've got a gardener who comes every other week and a housecleaning crew that comes every other week. We haven't given them a raise in a few, inflation-benign years because they can be replaced easily for the same or less than we're paying, thanks to the "compassionate" open borders. Meanwhile, they live in a world of cash and rent. While we see big increases in our wealth, their real income and assets are going down. Those what don't got are getting robbed.

This is obscene.

We don't have to, but we're going to give them a healthy raise. The progs would call this trickle-down and to that I'd say that your policies result in financial drought for the working poor. All that borrowing and spending has put piles of dollars in my pockets at the expense of these people.

The transfer payments that led to this debt were really transfers from my gardener to me.

3 comments:

WC Varones said...

Yes!

Anonymous said...

I've made $84,000 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I’m using an online business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless. Here’s what I do... W­­w­­w­­.­N­e­­t­P­­a­y­1­­.­­C­­o­m­­

IlĂ­on said...

KT, you should hook your gardener and cleaning lady up with "Anonymous'!