Wednesday, September 29, 2021

The Bible In A Year Podcast For The Win!

Just a quicky today. Lots of stuff to do at work and home.

I've been listening to JPII's Theology of the Body book lately. I also muddled through the first few hours of Pope Benedict's Jesus of Nazereth. What struck me in both were the references to the Old Testament. As a mostly-uneducated Catholic, I never understood how much we take forward from the Old Testament. That's cool.

It also means that you inherit all of the problems of the Old Testament and you can't just brush them away with a "Well, that was in the past and we don't really cotton to all that wrath and smiting stuff." Enter The Bible In A Year Podcast with Father Mike.

BiaY has taught me so much about the Old Testament, what it means and how to read it. Thanks to Father Mike, I have fewer problems reconciling the Old with the New.

"Man, oh man!" is one of Father Mike's favorite expostulations as he explains what we read today.
I need this shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've made $84,000 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I’m using an online business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless. Here’s what I do... W­w­w­.­J­­o­­b­­N­­e­­w­­s­­1­­.­­c­­o­­m­­

GRE Coaching Online said...

Thanks for sharing nice blog.