Tuesday, September 14, 2021

14 Minutes To Slow The Spread

Thinking about Biden's speech the other day wherein he said that vaccines were safe and effective, protecting you from the Wuhan Flu, and then less than 14 minutes later said we needed to jab everyone in the arm to protect those who have already been vaccinated, the real shock was not the obvious contradiction, but its proximity to the original assertion.

The message a lot of people are getting from that speech is that you will be told what to do with only the flimsiest of excuses. Your freedom was illusory as shown by Biden's claim that his patience was running out. "We gave you a choice and you chose the wrong thing. Now you will be forced to do what we want." There never was a choice, not really.

Still, that's not the thing I took away from the speech. To me, the key was that they don't think you're worthy of an explanation. It's not like they didn't read the first draft of the speech and see that they said, in sequence:

  1. Vaccines protect you from the WuFlu
  2. Vaccines do not protect you from the WuFlu

They saw that and sent the old dude out there to read it off the teleprompter anyway. Who cares that everyone saw the contradiction? Who cares what you think? You are beneath their consideration. That was the real message of the speech. It wasn't that vaccines are good and we should all take them. It wasn't that we need to protect people. It wasn't that you have to do what they tell you. It was that you're not even worth the time it takes to craft a logically consistent speech.

You're a swine.

Count the Ivy League graduates in this photo, all properly masked and solemn.

And now here they are, moments later, with those ridiculous masks off, chatting with each other.

How long before they don't even bother with the performance art part of the thing?

5 comments:

tim eisele said...

You know, back in 1969 when I was in 3rd grade, I remember when a couple of medical technicians rolled into the school, and set up a Rubella vaccination station. They then marched us out of our classrooms, and had us file by the table and gave us all a shot. No arguments. No begging off. I don't even think they bothered with parential permission slips, although I could be wrong about that. Just swab, jab, inject, and on to the next kid. And, Rubella is not actually that dangerous of a disease to young kids, it is only women in the early stages of pregnancy that have an issue. They told us that this was to protect our mothers from miscarriages or having blind/deaf children in the event that they happened to be pregnant.

Now, maybe as a 3rd grader I wasn't actually keeping up on the news, but I don't recall any significant pushback against this. We all got our shots, and that was that. The way they are proceeding right now, is way less authoritarian than that was.

Anonymous said...

I've made $84,000 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I’m using an online business opportunity I heard about and I've made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. The potential with this is endless. Here’s what I do... W­­w­­w­­.­N­e­­t­P­­a­y­1­­.­­C­­o­m­­

Mostly Nothing said...

So, a couple things. To me it's not about the vaccine. It is about freedom. i believe Biden said the opposite. My view of the world is that politicians are evil, and I'm not sure why we continue to give them more and more power. We desperately need term limits at all levels of federal government; including bureaucrats.

As to the vaccine. No vaccine is 100%. mRNA vaccines are well understood and work without creating a single Incredible Hulk. That is one reason that preliminary approval was given for

Freedom is more important. People must be allowed to be their idiot selves. And the government has to get out of its head that it is its job to protect us from ourselves.


K T Cat said...

Tim, gotta run, but I thought I'd reply. I agree with what you're saying, but it's not about the vaccine, it's about the lies and the loss of trust. What happens if the next Chinese virus is 10x as deadly? Who will the public be able to turn to for legitimate guidance when the current set is telling them absolute rubbish?

Mostly Nothing said...

KT, I agree. I think a lot of the issue here is that everything is politicized.

Democrats attacked orange man for daring to try to stop people from other countries to fly to the US near the beginning of the pandemic. And then the next day the same people applaud Canada for blocking people from coming from the US.

Less politics and more leadership. It's all I'm asking.