Sunday, August 15, 2021

Chaos

 I'm late today, but I've been reading the live Twitter feeds of various Afghan vets and news reports. It's a massive failure on the part of the Administration, a disaster of the first water, but there's one thing that keeps bugging me.

Why weren't the troops kept in the country until any required evacuations occurred? Why did we remove them, abandon Bagram and then send them back in where their only supplies would have to come in and out of Kabul airport? Dig these images.




Unreal. Here are just a few of my questions.

  1. Do they (our newly re-inserted troops) have vehicles? How will they be refueled?
  2. Where will our guys get water?
  3. Where will they dig latrines?
  4. The city is in total chaos and the videos I've seen of the city streets are at the zombie-apocalypse-gridlock stage. That makes these dudes straight-up infantry. How long does it take to walk from the airport to the embassy or other rally points?
  5. Does anyone have a list of Americans in the city?
  6. Did anyone set up rally points?
  7. What happens when the runway gets hit with mortar rounds? Did we fly in any engineering teams to repair the runways?
  8. What happens when some of the Taliban boys get a little excited and start sniping into the crowd?
  9. What kind of modern formation is that with all the guys standing shoulder-to-shoulder? Is that just vehicle-borne IED bait or something?
I could go on and on. I've got a different post in my head discussing how this is another failure of the Ivy League twits that run so much of this country, but I'll stop here with this very telling tweet from Nancy Pelosi. It's like she's living on a different planet.

No comments: