Friday, April 30, 2010

How to Escape an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Meeting, Excuse #1

Every so often (too often) some of us have to attend corporate IPT meetings. An IPT is a collection of people who know practically nothing about the topic being discussed, but have been gathered under the assumption that if you get enough uneducated positions on a subject, you'll end up with a well-rounded decisions.

These meeting are horrid and we all need some kind of way to get out of them before our brains implode. With that in mind, I offer you a new series of posts giving you excuses to help you leave the meetings early.

Excuse #1 - My doctor has told me I can't spend more than 50 minutes at a time listening to confused gibberish. I need to leave due to medical constraints.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son's cub scout pack is starting to teach them all those inane skits that I tried to erase from my brain.

During last night's meeting, all but one of the boys from one den ran out onto the stage and fell down. The last boy walked over, looked approvingly, and announced, "just testing. Gravity still works!"

Maybe we can adopt that one...

Edinburgh Flats for rent said...

Good one